Every year our visitors walk the fells, cruise the lakes and appreciate the spectacular landscapes of this place that we’re lucky to call home. Recent research found that the quality of the landscape is the number one reason that visitors return to a destination...
But did you know that these natural assets which are so important to your guests are dependent on the work of a dedicated team of local volunteers? Footpath erosion on the fells from the millions of footsteps of visitors every year can be an eyesore and the resulting soil erosion can affect the quality of water in lakes such as Windermere. Fix the Fells volunteers work tirelessly to repair and maintain our paths - removing landscape scars and providing safe, comfortable access to the fells for visitors. Last year the volunteers gave 1,497 of their days in total to this work.
Your business can help raise money to support them – for the materials, tools and transport they use – without it costing you a penny.
‘Visitor giving’ is an innovative way to fundraise from visitors which can increase your business profile, enable your customers to feel good about contributing, improves their access to the fells and helps protect the beautiful landscape on which the local economy relies.
Last year 54 Cumbrian businesses fundraised in this way and raised a collective £44,744, at no cost to their business.
We’re inviting you to an exclusive free event for local businesses at the Laundrama, on Wednesday 14th October, 2:00 – 3:30, to find out how they achieved this and how it could work in your business. Join us to:
- Enjoy tea, coffee and cakes as you experience the newest venue in Windermere.
- Meet the team that will help you raise money and raise your profile.
- Pick up information about local footpaths that you can share with your guests from path restoration expert Richard Fox.
- Hear a business perspective from Jonathan Kaye, owner of the multi-award winning local hotel Cedar Manor.
- Receive half price tour tickets for Lakes Distillery, for yourself or to offer to your guests
- Be entered into a free prize draw for a bottle of Lakes Distillery gin.
Customers are choosing businesses that demonstrate a commitment to the environment, and they love to give something back to the communities they visit. Don’t miss out on your chance to offer your guests this opportunity.
Spaces are limited for this exclusive event, so please RSVP.