We deliver campaigns which help tourism businesses, visitors and local communities to understand and tackle some of the negative local impacts of tourism and other threats to the special nature of the Lake District and Cumbria.
Explore these pages and the links on the right to find out what we are doing to;
- Promote car-free travel through our Drive Less See More campaign
- Improve water quality through our Love Your Lakes campaign
- Reduce carbon emissions through our Fresh Air is Free and our Low Carbon Cottages work
- Improve challenge events through our Guide to Sustainable Outdoor Recreational Challenge Events
- Develop and promote sustainable destinations
- Protect heritage sites through our Adopt a Stone initiative